Wednesday 22 May 2013

No Asbestos - Yay!

The test results came back from the lab in Vancouver... Our linoleum flooring contains NO asbestos! We are pretty happy about that.

I'm hoping to start pulling up the floor in the bedroom in mid-June. I wonder if we should do the walls first, leaving the lino to protect the wood floor during that part of the reno...

We received the drawings and plans for the foundation repairs today, too. Ack!! This work will not be cheap, which is no surprise to me, but it's still a bitter pill to swallow. As I've said before, however, these repairs are truly necessary - they are a life-saving maneuver for the Little Blue House.

I think we will try to help out with the porch removal, skirting removal, and the hand excavation of the foundations, in order to offset the costs a bit.

For now, I am glad that we don't have to deal with asbestos. That's some good news!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete